We are pretty excited here at Red Hat Impact.
We are part of an innovative activity at the upcoming Impact Investment Summit Asia Pacific – it’s called Leverage.
Leverage is an opportunity for Australian 3 impact enterprises to raise blended capital (grants, loans and equity) and access non-financial support through the Summit. They will pitch in Sydney on Nov 8:
- For investment from one or more of the 3 ‘sharks’ – one is providing philanthropic donations, Red Hat Impact is providing debt capital, and one is providing equity
- To access live crowdfunding at the Summit immediately after their pitch, run by The Funding Network, that will come through to them as philanthropic donations
- To launch their crowdfunding campaign on StartSomeGood
- To get additional debt or equity from audience members – they may come and speak to the enterprises after the pitch
- To get whatever non-financial support that their enterprise needs, e.g. mentoring, advisory board members, marketing partnerships, etc.
Red Hat Impact is one of the ‘sharks’ and we are currently engaging with our investor network (and searching for new investors) to determine what and how much we will invest with them in these enterprises.
The three enterprises to pitch in Sydney in November have been chosen. They are: